|Version 41 (modified by osg, 9 years ago)|
- Job Offers
- Job Requests
- Users Groups
- Past Events
- Language Wrappers
- Node Kits
- Windowing Toolkits
- Derived Software
- Data Resources
- Community Activity
- OpenGL/OSG advocacy
- Wiki Login Details
- Developer Blog
- Mailing Lists
Wiki editing instructions
- Only companies who are looking for people with OpenSceneGraph skills may post their offers in this page.
- Copy the template at the bottom of the page into the editing box if you are unused to Wiki editing
- Most recent openings at the top
- The Updated date must be set to reflect the last time the offer was valid.
- Any offer with an Updated date greater than two months may be removed (but add the company to the lower list)
- Please keep your openings up to date and removed them if filled (or restore them from page history if they have been removed too early)
VR webGIS development with OSG
The National Council of Researches, Institute of Technologies Applied to Cultural Heritage (CNR ITABC), based in Rome, Italy, is seeking for one expert who will be employed in the following activities: Development of new functionalities for an Open Source rendering web engine, dedicated to archaeological terrains and models (VR webGIS). The job regards: development of new navigation-exploration functionalities to the existing visualization engine, based on OpenSceneGraph library, development of management and creation functionalities of the scene integration, management and maintenance of web infrastructures. The applicant will also participate in Virtual Heritage research activities.
- Url: http://www.vhlab.itabc.cnr.it/jobs/notice_VRwebGIS_OSG_job_italy.pdf
- Contact: sofia.pescarin@…
- Duration: 6 months
- First posted: 15 April 2008
- Updated: 01 May 2008
Software Engineer (Zebra Imaging)
Zebra Imaging produces the most realistic and advanced holographic images in the world. We are pushing the boundaries of color, interactive, real-time holography. Headquartered in highly desirable Austin, Texas we are the innovative leaders in new media holography. If you would like to be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team taking hologram technology to the next level, consider a career with us!
Software Engineer - C/C++ software application developer to design and code software systems and algorithms to render 3D models for a 3D hologram imager.
Essential Job Functions include but are not limited to: • Design and code software systems and algorithms to render 3D models for a 3D hologram imager. • Advance the state of the existing internal hologram renderer. This includes OSG and Maya based render engines. • Create GUIs to render engines.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities • Expert level knowledge of C/C++ • Must be experienced in graphics programming in OpenGL in C/C++. • Open Scene Graph (OSG) experience a must. • Experience with multiple 3D data formats for importing and conversion. Must have ability to look up unfamiliar ones and figure them out. • Must have ability to learn Zebra Imaging pipeline. • Autodesk Maya scripting (or similar 3D package) customization and/or plug-in development experience a plus. • Experience with graphics programming in Direct X is highly desirable. • Parallel/Distributed/threaded processing knowledge is essential. • Strong knowledge of 3D modeling and rendering. • Knowledge of Linux and Windows – both are essential. • Experience with relational database interfacing is desirable. • TCPIP network protocol experience is desirable. • Experience in graphics programming in DirectX is a plus. • Image processing skills a plus. • Experience with Government customers, terrain teams and/or Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) is a plus. • Solid verbal and written communication skills are required. • Position requires being a self-starter, being proactive and having initiative. • Must be able to work well within a team environment.
Requirements • B.S. degree or equivalent work experience, or combination of education and experience preferred. • 3-8 years graphics programming experience required. • This position may require the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance.
Zebra Imaging offers highly competitive base salaries, stock options and a full complement of benefits upon date of hire. Traditional benefits: medical dental, vision and life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401(k) plan, educational expense reimbursement, three weeks vacation and 12 paid holidays annually. Non-traditional benefit: An opportunity to contribute to this leading edge technology in a fun, energetic environment. Candidate must have the permanent and legal right to work in the United States for any employer.
- Url: http://www.zebraimaging.com
- Contact: recruiting@…
- Duration: permanent
- First posted: 18 April 2008
- Updated: 18 April 2008
Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies at a company that specializes in 3D medical animation, informatics and simulation. Our company, as well as this position has huge growth potential. We are developing a new product line which will require a graphics programmer to create and enhance the look and feel of our products. This position will report directly to executive staff, so there is a high level of visibility as well as accountability. The ideal candidate should know C++, OpenGL, OpenSceneGraph and have experience developing real-time applications. Knowledge of Maya is not necessary, but a plus.
- Url: http://www.biodigitalsystems.com
- Contact: recruiter@…
- Duration: permanent
- First posted: 05 february 2008
- Updated: 05 february 2008
Prinicpal or senior software engineer (OpenGL; 2 positions)
Position reference: User module
The successful candidates will work together on a GUI and engine that will highlight malicious network traffic in real time on 1 to 100 Gbps links. This user module will be developed for Linux. It will send queries to two other modules, as well as receive, process, and display data for real-time visualization and query responses. Incoming data will be processed and presented in a GUI using OpenGL and some inputs sent to storage. Dynamic graphical drill- down processes will be implemented in both 2D and 3D. Later development will focus on improving visualization/drill-down techniques and acceleration for monitoring 100 Gbps links.
- - US citizenship
- - Strong experience with OpenGL in 2D and 3D, with the ability to produce industrial-grade code that implements real-time interactive displays
- - Ability to perform continuous and multiply-threaded I/O and implement simple databases in Java and/or C++
- - Solid diagnostic/debugging/profiling and optimization skills
- - Solid documentation and communication skills
- - The desire to work on unique technology at a cutting-edge startup
- - JOGL, Java3D; other scene-graph, 2D, 3D and generic OpenGL APIs/wrappers/libraries
- - Open source experience
- - Gaming and/or visualization experience
- - Experience with coding for GPU acceleration
- - MATLAB
- - Knowledge of internet protocols, especially at layers 3 and 4
- - Knowledge of network security
- - Ability to gain a security clearance
Equilibrium Networks is teaming with a global information technology company on the development of a beyond- next-generation network security and data analysis system for DoD. Our thermal traffic analysis (THETA) approach treats computer networks as abstract thermodynamical systems to enable real-time characterization, detection, and visualization for network traffic at speeds of 100 Gbps and ultimately beyond. This project will challenge and reward even the most sophisticated developers. Compensation is very competitive depending on experience. All positions will be in northern Virginia. Send a resume, salary history and a summary of scientific/technical coursework and expertise to hr@…. Please use the position reference in the subject line. EOE
- Contact: hr@…
- Duration: 1 year to permanent
- First posted: 20 january 2008
- Updated: 20 january 2008
Software Engineer 2 - Virtual Training System (Northrop Grumman)
- Url: http://careers.northropgrumman.com/ExternalHorizonsWeb/getJobPostDetail.do?sequenceNumber=138569
- Duration: permanent
- First posted: 2 january 2008
- Contact: Apply at Url above.
Title: Software Engineer 2
Category: Information Systems
Location: Huntsville, AL / USA | Sector: Mission Systems
Posting ID: MS/032925
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems IPS Business Unit
Software Programmer 2
Seeking general programmer to extend and enhance game-based training platform for delivery of military interactive multimedia instruction (IMI). Candidate will work closely with artists and writers in a fast paced team environment involving cross-discipline efforts and constructive criticism. Candidate will join engineering team to continue engine feature development, integration, and scripting to increase training effectiveness and efficiency. Candidate will work within an asset and change management system (AlienBrain) under periodic milestones to deliver quality releases to multiple customers.
- - Passionate about 3D and gaming technology
- - 2+ years experience using Object Oriented paradigms and working knowledge of real-time 3D visualization systems.
- - Practical experience with commercial or open source videogame or simulation engine.
- - Intimate knowledge of XML/XSL
- - Fluency with C++ and object oriented methodologies.
- - Ability to troubleshoot and debug complex software systems.
- - Ability to contribute to multiple projects under set deadlines
- - Preference given to applicants with experience using OpenSceneGraph/Delta?3D.
- - Preference given to candidates who have completed one or more development cycles and who have experience in game modification.
- - Experience with common game scripting languages (Python, LUA, UnrealScript).
- - Familiarity with Direct3D or OpenGL.
- - Practical experience with 1 or more of the following: physics simulation, AI, scripting, networking and multi-user application, 3d rendering.
- - Familiarity with agile development methodologies.
Defining the future. Join the men and women of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems in meeting the largest, most complex systems challenges imaginable for government, military and business. An Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V Security Clearance Required.
Companies that had openings in the past
- Silicon Worlds France
- Defence Academy, Cranfield University (Shrivenham UK)
- David H. Pollock Consultants, Inc. Westwood, New Jersey
- Boeing Integrated Defense Systems St. Louis, MO
- Logicom Computer Services Milton Keynes, England
- Okcyd, Metz, France
- Mo-Sys Ltd. London, UK
- Makai Ocean Engineering Hawaii
- RSA Cosmos France
- National Institute of Standards and Technology
- HLRS High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart
- Virtual Reality & Multi Media Park (VR&MM Park)
- Virtual Reality Application Center Iowa State University
- Seismic Micro-Technology Inc.
- CAST Software Inc.
- CMLabs Simulations
- Triangle Software, LLC
- Renaissance Sciences Corporation
- Symmetron, LLC, a ManTech-Gray Hawk company located in Fairfax VA
- SPARTA, Inc., located in Huntsville AL
Job opening template
The following template:
== Job title == Description goes here.[[BR]] Next line * Url: [http://jobs.mycompany.com Job details] * Contact: [mailto:email@example.com] * Duration: permanent/# months * First posted: 32 december 2007 * Updated: 33 december 2007
Will be shown as:
Description goes here.
- Url: Job details
- Contact: name@…
- Duration: permanent/# months
- First posted: 32 december 2007
- Updated: 33 december 2007