|Version 2 (modified by martin, 8 years ago)|
The project is developed in Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 7.1, but should also compile using Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 6.0. The project files are still for VS 6.0, but those will be converted without problems to VS 7.1 or later.
- Extract OSGExp in the same directory as OpenSceneGraph, Producer and OpenThreads.
- Build OpenThreads, Producer and OpenSceneGraph.
- Install Max6, Max7 or Max8 and don't forget to include the maxsdk.
- Open Microsoft Visual Studio, go to tools -> options and select the directories tab.
- Select the Include files from the drop down list and indicate where the maxdsk include directory resides on your system:
Move the directory up before the std. directories.
- Select the Library files from the drop down box and indicate where the maxdsk lib directory resides on your system:
Move all the directory up before the std. directories.
- Open <OSG>\OSGExp\VisualStudio\OSGExp\OSGExp.dsw and do a batch build.
- To create a normal version select all release versions and do a build.
- For the staticly linked version select the 'Release Static' version of OSGExp and Previewer, and the 'Release' version of OSGHelpers. Producer, OpenThreads and OpenSceneGraph must also be staticly linked, see: Tasks/Win32StaticLink.
- Add the following directories to the path environment:
- Open 3dsmax[6,7,8]\plugin.ini and add the following line under the Directories tag:
- Open 3dsmax6, 7 or 8 and export using File->Export or File->Export Selected, choose "OpenSceneGraph Exporter (*.ive,*osg)" as file type and off you go!