|Version 10 (modified by osg, 6 years ago)|
Integration with GUI Toolkits
- Job Offers
- Job Requests
- Users Groups
- Past Events
- Language Wrappers
- Node Kits
- Windowing Toolkits
- Derived Software
- Data Resources
- Community Activity
- OpenGL/OSG advocacy
- Wiki Login Details
- Developer Blog
- Mailing Lists
with the introducion of OpenSceneGraph 2.0 it has become more straight forward to integrate the OSG with 3rd party windowing toolkits virtue of the new osgViewer library. To illustrate how easy integration can now be there are a set of OpenSceneGraph/examples that integrate with:
- Qt3 & Qt4 - osgviewerQT
- SDL - osgviewerSDL
- GLUT - osgviewerGLUT
- FLTK - osgviewerFLTK
- WxWidgets - osgviewerWX
- MFC - osgviewerMFC
Also development in community ontop of OpenSceneGraph-2.0:
- Thibault Genessay's wxMultiView example, integrating osgViewer::CompositeViewer and wxWidgets. Compiles against OSG 2.0 and wxWidgets 2.8.x Unicode.
Prior to OpenSceneGaph 2.0 the community has been developing a set of separate libraries/examples that integrate the OpenSceneGraph with a range of Windowing toolkits. This libraries/examples are listed below.
- Don Burns's OpenProducer for run-time configurable multi-threaded, multi-window/pipe rendering.
- Antoine Hue's Qt4 based OSG Widget/viewer, extension of Gazihan's work below.
- Gazihan Alankus's Qt4 based OSG widget QOsgWidget
Win32 & MFC
- Trale's MFC + Producer based OSG viewer's OSGMFC (compatible with latest version of the OSG in CVS, to compile against OSG-9.6-2 you'll need to comment out non compiling sections.)
- People/JohnDavis' MFC based OSG viewer OsgMS.NETViewer (compatible with OSG-0.9.3) and osgMFC (compatible with OSG-0.9.2)
- Joseph Steel's Win32 based OSG demo osgWin32Demo
- Michael Gronager !OSGAx - Full !ActiveX implementation of OSGAx.vr-c.dk
- Wang Rui - A simple implementation of osgActivex. The project will generate a .ocx file which displays specified model/image files and resizes itself if required. The generated .ocx file can be simply embedded into internet browsers (e.g. IE) or VisualBasic? forms. See osgActiveX for details. The VS8 project attached may not be able to run on every system. So just create your own 'MFC ActiveX Control' project instead and insert the source code into necessary places.
- Charlse Cosse's osgfox example.
- osgSDL (orginal author People/MarcoJez, now maintained by Andew Sampson).
- Marco Jez's osgConsole
- Daniel Sjoelie's SDL based OSG library osgsdl
- Timothy Pratley's SDL based OSG viewer osg_sdl_world
- Toshiyuki Takahei's Orihalcon framework contains !wxWindows widgets for OSG
- Jeff Biggs' example application integrating !wxWindows and OSG mVue.
- Geoff Michel' example application integrating TclTk and OSG TclTk.
- Andreas's Hello World for integration of OSG together with wxWidgets (provided by Charles Cosse).
- Gian Lorenzetto's simple example integrating OSG with wxWidgets. Built against OSG 1.1 and wxWidgets 2.6.3. Supports full event handling and open dialog for file load.
- Luca Cappa' GTKGLEXTMM based OSG viewer osggtkglextmm.tar.gz (usage of gtkglextmm 1.1 and gtkmm 2.6.5 and OSG 1.0).
- Ruben Lopez's OSG-Edit has an integration layer that allows using OSG inside GTK+ projects either by chosing gtkglext or gtkglarea. The integration layer is not distributed separately but is isolated and usable in other projects.
- libosgswt is an standalone library that integrates the openscenegraph with the SWT toolkit, and is the base of josgviewer.
- Etomica project integrates OSG into the SWT toolkit and the Eclipse platform for molecular simulations, but the integration component is not distributed separately. It uses the OSG-Edit GTK+ component.
- RoberOsfield?'s GLUT based OSG viewer library and demos suite, now maintained by Mike Weiblen osgGLUT
- Court Cutting's FLTK 2.0 & OSG integration - osg10fltk20.zip
3D GUI Toolkits implemented with the OpenSceneGraph
- Davide Pippa's osgIM nodekit library which adds support for 3D GUI's.
- Jeffrey Barber's GUI framework, implemented directly in OSG, GGplus
2D GUI Toolkits implemented with the OpenSceneGraph
- The Poker3D multiplayer online poker game contains an adapter for Metisse that embeds arbitrary 2D X11 programs within an OSG 3D scenegraph. All Poker3D 2D interfaces are implemented using this adapter. For instance, it can be used to run a KDE or Gnome environment within an OSG scene. Extracting this adapter from Poker3D is relatively easy because it only relies on OSG. (License : GNU GPL).
- wxMultiView-1.0.zip (47.4 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- OSGMFC.zip (32.5 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- OsgMfcApp0.9.2.zip (81.7 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- OsgMS.NETViewer.zip (72.1 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- osgsdl-2003-01-30.tgz (28.3 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- osg_sdl_world-0.1.zip (13.3 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- wxAndreas01.tar (30.0 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- wxOsgCanvas-0.2.zip (21.9 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- osggtkglextmm.tar.gz (13.4 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
- osgqt4_2.zip (6.7 kB) - added by martin 7 years ago.
(66.0 kB) - added by osg
6 years ago.