|Version 3 (modified by martin, 8 years ago)|
The OpenSceneGraph is being continuously development by the lead developers and members of the community, the last few months in particular have seen some significant changes and additions:
General infrastructure and build changes:
- New servers hosting the OSG website and mailing lists.
- Migration from CVS to Subversion of version control - see SVN
- New unified CMake build system
- New osgViewer library which replaces osgProducer
- New osgShadow library
- New osgManipulator library
- New intersection routines which support line segment intersection, plane and polytope intersections as well handling paged database. See include/osgUtil/IntersectionVisitor and include/osgSim/HeightAboveTerrain, LineOfSight and ElevationSlice classes.
Orignal modules moved out into their own projects:
- osgProducer moved out into its own separate project, now with its own Tracs based website.
- osgTerrain/DataSet and osgdem moved out into its own separate project called VirtualPlanetBuilder, now with its own Tracs based website.
Deprecated components moved out into their out of the core osg:
- New deprecated SVN directory structure
svn co http://www.openscenegraph.com/svn/osg/OpenSceneGraph/deprecated deprecated
- Old OpenFlight loader (flt plugin) move out to deprecated/src/osgPlugins/flt
Porting guides from OpenSceneGraph 1.2 to SVN or 1.9.x versions of OSG
- Porting from osgProducer to the new osgViewer library
- Porting from osgUtil::IntersectVisitor to the new osgUtil::IntersectionVisitor classes
- Porting from old Drawable::drawImplementation(State&) to (RenderInfo&)
TODO list which need to be complete for 2.0
- See DevelopmentWork