|Version 8 (modified by osg, 7 years ago)|
Introduction to Programming with OpenSceneGraph
- Getting Started
- Platform Specifics
- User Guides
- Programming Guides
- Reference Guides
- Tips And Tricks
- Knowledge Base
- Trac Usage Examples
- TracGuide Documentation
- Software Patents
- Software Patents Europe
- Developer Blog
- Mailing Lists
- OpenSceneGraph - overview of OpenSceneGraph with links to detailed descriptions of nodes etc
- Motivations for using the OpenSceneGraph - VRLab Lecture
- How to learn about using the OpenSceneGraph - VRLab Lecture
- Image 2003 Presentation Slides: [ pdf ][ powerpoint ] (Publication available through IMAGE Society)
- Design Patterns used in the OpenSceneGraph
- Mission Statement for the OpenSceneGraph project
- A Short Introduction to the Basic Principles of the Open Scene Graph: A very introductory text about OSG. Still work in progress, but can be useful as is. Comments and error reports to Leandro Motta Barros, please.
- GLSL Shading with OSG, presented at the OSG Advanced Rendering seminar at SIGGRAPH 2005.
- Drawables - explains what an OpenSceneGraph Drawable is, especially when to use DrawArrays?, DrawElements?.
Viewers, Views, and Cameras
- Views and Viewers - details about the Views and Viewers OSG provides.
- Single Viewer vs CompositeViewer - How to decide which one to use
- Cameras - details on how to use OSG's Camera class.
- Viewports - short description.
Programming the NodeKit libraries
- NodeKit - explains what a OpenSceneGraph NodeKit is.
- osgFX - Overview and how to use.
- shaders - Example usage.
- osgShadow - How to use.
Using the Plugins
- List of OSG plugins
- PseudoLoader - a technique for using OpenSceneGraph's PlugIn mechanism for more than just loading files.
- OpenFlight - details about the OpenFlight? reader.
- TerraPage - details about the txp or TerraPage? plugin.
Useful Code Snippets
- Analysing A Scenegraph - example of how to parse the scenegraph tree.
- Knowledge Base - Provides general background info useful scene graphs and OSG