|Version 33 (modified by osg, 5 years ago)|
- Getting Started
- Platform Specifics
- User Guides
- Programming Guides
- Reference Guides
- Tips And Tricks
- Knowledge Base
- Trac Usage Examples
- TracGuide Documentation
- Software Patents
- Software Patents Europe
- Developer Blog
- Mailing Lists
Tutorials should help newbies or other users in general to get ideas how to solve problems with a specific tasks. They differ from examples because tutorials come with a written or spoken (video tutorial) guidance through the code. Please feel free to add new tutorials if you find something that is not covered or for your own examples.
Tutorials aimed at first time users of OpenSceneGraph looking for some introductory tutorials.
- Basic geometry Creation of a vertex colored pyramid geometry.
- Textures Addition of a texture to the pyramid geometry.
- Transforms and States Using shapes for geometry, position them with transforms and change texture states.
- StateSets About inheriting, overriding and protecting states.
- File loading and transforms
- HUDs and Text
- Finding nodes, DOFs and Switches
- User input
- Camera control
- Custom window & camera layouts
- Particle effects
- Node mask demo
Yet Another Set of Beginner Tutorials
From my own experience in using OpenSceneGraph, I have written these tutorials in order to help any new comers to this lovely graphics toolkit. These tutorials are mainly intended to Linux users but other users can still use the enclosed codes. By Franclin Foping
- Tutorial 1: An overview of OpenSceneGraph
- Tutorial 2: Rendering a simple geometry
- This tutorial will show you how to render a simple geometry: a shape drawable. The source code and the tutorial itself can be downloaded from the attached file Tuto2.zip. Remember to edit the Makefile by typing the right path for your OSG installation.
- Tutorial 3: Memory management (Referenced pointers)
- This tutorial will explain referenced pointers. It is based on Don Burns' atricle. Tuto3.zip. Remember to edit the Makefile by typing the right path for your OSG installation.
- Tutorial 4: Functors
- This tutorial will explain how OSG uses functors which is an advanced C++ topic. Tuto4.zip.
- Tutorial 6: Materials in OSG
- This tutorial will show you how to add materials to your objects.
Tuto6.zip. Remember to edit the Makefile by typing the right path for your OSG installation.
Tutorials that go in depth into more specific topics.
- osgDB loading progress How to add a progress bar for file loading with osgDB
Tutorials that are platform specific or go into integrating other libraries with OSG.
External tutorial links
- OpenSceneGraph with OSGExp A tutorial by Roy Davies on exporting .osg or .ive scenes from 3DStudio Max with help of the OSGExp exporter plugin.
- 3D Game Development Tutorials Using SDL and OSG (by Rob Morefield and Brian Malloy)
- osgmanylights.tar.gz - An example of using osgUtil::RenderStage for multipass rendering. (by Nathan Cournia)
- OSG Examples: some examples I created while learning OSG. Most of them are pretty well commented, and I think they are simpler than the "standard" examples distributed with OSG. May be useful for someone else. Last update: November 8th 02006. LMBs_OSG_Examples.zip. (by Leandro Motta Barros). MS Visual Studio 2005 version with support for OSG v2.2 LMBs_OSG_Examples_OSG22_VS2005.zip (by Kari.Rainio@…).
- ODE Demo: a little Open Dynamics Engine (ODE) example that uses OSG for visualization. LMBs_ODE_Demo.zip. Patch by Hans Ulrich Niedermann to use osgViewer instead of osgProducer: LMBs_ODE_Demo-osgViewer.patch (by Leandro Motta Barros)
- High Dynamic Range examples: this examples demonstrate the use of GL_NV_float_buffer extension with OSG. HDRTutorials.zip (by Fabio Mierlo)
Tutorials/examples that need their links fixed or need to be added to this Wiki.
- LMBs_ODE_Demo.zip (118.0 kB) - added by martin 6 years ago.
- LMBs_OSG_Examples.zip (380.2 kB) - added by martin 6 years ago.
- HDRTutorials.zip (52.1 kB) - added by martin 6 years ago.
(1.1 MB) - added by Kari.Rainio@…
5 years ago.
VisualStudio?2005 / OSGv2.2 version of LMBs_OSG_Examples
(122.8 kB) - added by osg
5 years ago.
Tutorial 1: OSG description
(177.6 kB) - added by osg
5 years ago.
The second tutorial
- Tuto3.zip (81.4 kB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto4.zip (71.8 kB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto6.zip (136.8 kB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto7.zip (1.8 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto8.zip (1.9 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto5.zip (337.0 kB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto9.zip (1.6 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto10.zip (187.1 kB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto11.zip (0.7 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto12.zip (0.6 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto13.zip (0.7 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- Tuto14.zip (317.7 kB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- bullet-test.tar.gz (0.5 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
(28.7 MB) - added by Ümit Uzun
5 years ago.
Full NPS_Tutorial and NPS_Data
(9.8 MB) - added by Umit Uzun
5 years ago.
Some files and thesis about OSG
- osgTutorial.zip (8.5 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- bullet-test-osg2.6up.tar.gz (0.5 MB) - added by osg 5 years ago.
- osgGPUMorph.3.zip (4.1 kB) - added by christop 3 years ago.